Development Director for Equality Ohio
Born and raised on the Far East side; currently reside in Reynoldsburg
I love Columbus because…
I love Columbus because it is home. I feel like the city and I grew up and discovered ourselves around the same time. Columbus is not like Chicago or Cleveland or Cincinnati and the majority of people assumed that this was a negative thing. Columbus is an example of the principle that being uniquely who you are, not emulating the success of others, is what will bring you true success. We are innovative, entrepreneurial, and willing to take chances.
I believe young professionals are important to our city because…
Young professionals occupy a unique space between possibility and reality. They dream about what is possible while understanding what is doable, allowing those forces to push and pull against one another until they land upon innovation. They are often mediators between the old guard and the new.
– Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
– Former Board Member, LinkOUT
– Columbus LGBT Young Professionals
– Former Board Member, Scarlet & Gay (The OSU GLBT Alumni Society)
– Former Advisory Board Member, Eldon and Elsie Ward Branch of the YMCA
– Former Board Member, The Legacy Fund of the Columbus Foundation
– Current Steering Committee Member, Black, Out & Proud
– Current Board Member, Move United Church