The Create Columbus Commission (CCC) has announced the appointment of 13 new commissioners and the election of their 2018 executive committee. The CCC is made up of our city’s outstanding young professionals (YPs), and works to empower YPs to co-create our city.
“As the commission enters its tenth full year, I’m excited by the capacity and diversity of talents that this new class brings,” said Tim Fulton, incoming Chair of the Create Columbus Commission. “In 2018, the commission will formalize its structure as an independent organization, continue to develop its grant program, and expand its outreach to and recognition of young leaders who are making a difference in the world and in our great city.”
- Mandi Caskey, Artist/Muralist, Birdy co.
- Amelia Gandara, Consultant, Co-creation, Launch Forth
- Nora Gerber, Community Relations Coordinator, City of Columbus
- Holly Gross, Vice President of Government Relations, Columbus Chamber of Commerce
- Kevin Hemmelgarn, Partner, Northstar Café
- Laura Jackson, IT Product Manager Consultant
- Aba Kifle, Regional Training Manager, GoWireless/Verizon Premium Retailer
- Louisa Lee, New Product Program Success Manager, CoverMyMeds
- Madeline McIntyre, Assistant Director of Development, The Ohio State University Athletic Department
- Stuart McIntyre, Lead Organizer, Ohio Student Association
- Correy Parks, Musician
- Tyiesha Radford Shorts, Administrator, The Ohio State University
- Reed Walter, Director of Sensor Development, Proteosense, LLC
Along with 13 new Commissioners, Create Columbus Commissioners voted five new executive committee members to lead the commission in 2018.
- Chair | Tim Fulton, Director of Marketing, Fintech71
- Vice Chair | Jay Clouse, Founder, Unreal Collective
- Development Chair | Mike Schott, Director of Community Development, Kaufman Development
- Communications Chair | Lora Zotter, Director of First Connect Programs, Rev1 Ventures
- Membership Chair | Maylin Sanchez, Co-Founder, Femergy
About Create Columbus Commission
The Create Columbus Commission (CCC) empowers young professionals (YPs) to co-create our city. Through strategic community building efforts, thought leadership, and a targeted YP micro-grants program, the CCC strives to make Columbus the next great American city for YPs to live, work, and play.
For more information about the Create Columbus Commission visit http://CreateColumb.us.
Lora Zotter, Communications Chair
Create Columbus Commission