Create Columbus Visionary Award
To raise the profile of young professionals (YP) making a difference in our community, the Create Columbus Commission started a quarterly YP recognition program with Columbus City Council called the Create Columbus Visionary Award.
Outstanding YPs are selected by the Create Columbus Commission and honored with a resolution by Columbus City Council. Each quarter an honoree is identified by current commissioners and submitted to council for recognition at a pre-determined council meeting. See below for past honorees whose efforts are helping to create a better Columbus.
- Q1 2016 – March 14 | Suzy Bureau, Founder, GiveBackHack
- Q2 2016 – May 16 | Blake Compton, CEO and Founder of Compton Construction
- Q3 2016 – September 26 | Dr. Chenelle Jones, Assistant Professor of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Ohio Dominican University
- Q4 2016 – November 21 | Benjamin Buckner, Integrated Marketing Specialist for Radio One & Robert Bickis, Jr., Realtor/Catalyst & Broker for MoveDowntownColumbus.com
- Q1 2017 – March 13 | Reese Neader, Founder, Forge Columbus and Organizing Fellow, Kiva Columbus
Do you know a young professional deserving of recognition? Put a YP on our Radar!